Information for Job Seekers
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The School is consistently ranked among the top medical schools in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and is known nationally and internationally for the quality of its students, faculty, staff members and alumni.
The school’s long tradition of successful interactions between scientists and clinicians
- brings the latest knowledge to the bedside,
- influences the direction of basic research and
- drives the search for applications of new discoveries.
About the School of Medicine Community
The School of Medicine is one of St. Louis’ major employers with more than 8,600 faculty and staff members. Combined with employees of our highly regarded affiliated hospitals here on the 164‐acre Medical Center, they compose one of the largest workforces in the metro area.
More than 4,000 nonacademic employees provide outstanding support for the school’s endeavors. Employees are afforded the opportunity to develop their talents and skills through intellectually stimulating work experiences, projects, training, and other learning venues.
We encourage selection of staff that reflects the diversity of the rich community in which we live and serve. We are committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and welcoming to all people.
Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice of the School of Medicine, provides patient care services at 49 clinical office locations.
No matter what your tasks, working here is not just having a job. Every employee has the opportunity to make meaningful contributions, and each of us plays an important role in advancing our shared mission.
Employment opportunities at the School of Medicine span a wide range of descriptions. Generally, they may be associated with one part of the school’s three-part mission: patient care, research or education. The School of Medicine offers career opportunities for the following types of employees:
- Information Technology Specialists
- Business Administration, Management and Strategic Planning Experts
- Accounting and Finance Professionals
- Research Scientists and Technicians
- Insurance and Billing Specialist
- Secretarial and Administrative Support Staff
- Clinicians and Clinical Support Staff, including Nurses and Clinical Research Nurses
- Service and Facilities Support Staff Members
Washington University provides faculty and staff members with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including:
- 22 Vacation Days
- Employee, Spouse and Dependent Child Tuition
- On‐Campus Child Care Center http://wustl.edu/childcare
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Sick Leave
- 8 Holidays
- Health and Child Care Spending
- Life Insurance
- Long‐Term Disability
- Long‐Term Care
- MO$T Program
- Vendor Discounts
- Metrolink Access
- Health and Wellness Programs
Please visit http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of our benefits.
If you would like to contribute to our mission, we invite you to explore employment opportunities at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
To see a current list of individual job openings, please visit: https://jobs.wustl.edu.
To see featured positions in business, IT, nursing and more, visit: http://medschoolhr.wustl.edu/jobs/Pages/JobsintheSpotlight.aspx